Register as a new user
Supply your details below to sign up
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bioregional Development Group of The BedZED Centre, 24 Helios Road, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 7BZ. Bioregional Development Group is a registered charity with registration number 1041486.
In order for us to deliver an effective service to you it is necessary for us to store and use personal information about you. We will treat all information supplied by you in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Survey information that you provide to one of our surveyors such as, but not limited to, your address, energy consumption, characteristics of your property relating to energy or energy spending.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. Information that we receive or gather (whether or not under this policy), may be used by us, our employees and/or agents to:
- Help administer relevant research projects or services related to community energy management.
- Share relevant knowledge and experience and make improvements.
- Publish anonymous and statistical data as part of dissemination of our monitoring and research work.
- Allow you or community groups to participate in interactive features of our service.
3. All storage, use and transmission of personal information relating to an individual or company is subject to the Act. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
4. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
5. While we do our best to protect your personal data, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and in using our website you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
THIRD PARTIES AND YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 and section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 as applicable.
We may also have to disclose your personal information to relevant third parties such as our website developers. We will, except where required by law, keep your information confidential and will not disclose any such information except where a disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
In some cases, we may wish to pass your data on to third parties when we are working with them in partnership on sustainability issues. However, in cases where we would like to pass on your data to our partners we would only do this if you have given permission when we collect your data. Bioregional does not otherwise sell, rent, or disclose any information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You acknowledge and agree that some of the data that we process may amount to sensitive personal data under the Act. Your continued use of the website amounts to agreement that we may process such data. We, our subcontractors and agents will apply appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the unauthorised processing of personal data and protect against accidental loss of or damage to personal data.