Basic energy advice project
Start your own project like this one
Adopt this template
Providing energy advice requires relatively little cost and can be done exclusively with volunteer time if no funding is available. It is a way to develop a trusted link with your local community and begin to understand their needs. It is flexible – you can have a stand at a local community event or you can set up a regular drop in session or pop-up shop.
- Staff/volunteer time to provide advice
- Staff time or funding to train advisers
- Leaflets and banners
- Venue (e.g. event stall or community centre)
This project is very simple and consists of two stages:
- Initial engagement - confirm the resident's participation
- Basic survey - a form to gather basic information about the house - wall type, insulation levels etc.